This interview is brought to you by TranslationServices.com, the best way for startups to sell their products internationally.
Name: Niklas Vesely
Company: Lab Meat Now
1. In one sentence, how would you describe your startup?
LabMeatNow is a company making and selling lab-grown meat.
2. What are you building and who benefits most from it?
We grow real meat with muscle and fat without the use of animal products. With every kilogram of meat we sell, fewer animals are raised in factory farms, tortured, and slaughtered.
3. What has been the biggest challenge so far and how did you overcome it?
It has been finding out how to grow the meat, but this was solvable by digging deep into research.
4. Why did you start LabMeatNow?
108 founders interviewed so far. Get interviewed in 10 minutes, via email, for free.
Everyone with a pet knows that animals have a very similar emotional experience to us, so how can we separate newborns from their mothers and allow animals to go through so much suffering? We have a situation that must be changed!
5. How can people support LabMeatNow’s cause?
If you are a biology student, focus on learning everything about animal cell cultures and non-animal products to feed them. Make this your bachelor’s and master’s thesis. After graduating, work for LabMeatNow or any other lab-grown meat company.
If you are a law student, search for ways in which lab meat can be legalized for consumption in your country. If you find a way, you would help lab meat reach the market a lot faster!
If you are an investor, put money into lab meat companies.
Apart from that, everybody can help by spreading awareness about bio meat, which is meat from animals raised under more acceptable farming conditions.
6. What tool or app could you not live without and why?
The internet in general. It makes everything run smoother and faster when building up a company.
7. What marketing strategies have worked for you?
At this point, it’s mostly word of mouth.
8. What’s the best specific piece of advice you have for other entrepreneurs?
Advice 1: What is your ultimate goal? Is it to be rich, happy, or helpful? Choose your field of work based on your goal.
Advice 2: Choose a growing market, preferably one that is still in its infancy. This way, your business will grow with the market.
9. What does your company’s trajectory look like over the next five years?
We plan to scale our lab meat production to the point where it becomes cheaper than traditional meat.
Want to be interviewed just like this? Fill out this simple form.